The connection between dressing and decorating
The collaboration is based on a theory: that personal style extends beyond the clothes you wear or the shoes you buy, and is reflected in the environments in which you live. To explore this concept, the brands conducted a nationwide survey to understand the connection between dressing and decorating.
“We are excited to explore a deeper conversation about style and how it influences your everyday life,” said Linda Bartman, Chief Operating Officer at Trunk Club. “Our service inspires and empowers our customers to feel confident in their clothing, and this research shows the connection between what we wear everyday and how we style our home.”
The survey sampled 2,000 consumers in the US. Some key findings include:
- Improved Happiness: Nearly 40 percent said that their overall happiness would improve if their wardrobe and home’s interior were in sync.
- Style is Reflective in Dressing and Decorating: 72 percent of respondents say they can predict both wardrobe based on home interior design and interior home design based on wardrobe at a moderate, high, or very high degree.
- Comfort Reigns King: Respondents who describe their clothing style as “comfortable” or “conservative” are most likely to select “traditional and comfortable” home interior style (61 percent and 63 percent, respectively).
- Living Space Style: Living rooms and bedrooms are in a statistical dead heat for the top room respondents say reflects their personal style, with 53 percent and 52 percent, respectively.
- Doing Your Business: Offices and bathrooms are least likely to be ranked first or second as rooms most reflective of personal style – 19 percent and 18 percent respectively.
- Life Changes: Of all events, respondents are most likely to say marriage has had a significant impact on their style at 27 percent. The birth of a child and new jobs are close behind, at 24 percent and 23 percent, respectively.
Beyond the survey, the brands will launch a seasonal cross-channel marketing campaign showcasing CB2 and Trunk Club trends throughout the year, from how people can apply seasonal fashion trends to their home design and vice versa. Part of this campaign will feature a Trunk Club and CB2 sponsored sweepstakes featuring a $500 gift card to each brand.
Trunk Club members can also experience the partnership first-hand by visiting Trunk Club Chicago Clubhouse where CB2 has created a permanent installation. The CB2 fitting room and lounge space will be updated seasonally to match both fashion and home trends.