Come one, Come All. The Circus is in Town!
A brand new kind of social playspace in now open in the DTLA Arts District. It’s called the Two-Bit Circus and it happens to be the World’s first Micro-Amusement Park where retro arcade games and virtual reality experiences offer an ideal distraction for moms and kids alike.
So what is a Micro-Amusement Park, you ask?
Two Bit Circus basically brings people of all ages together, elbow-to-elbow, to enjoy immersive entertainment; including multi-person virtual reality, narrative escape rooms titled “story rooms,” indie arcades, an interactive theater, molecular mixology, and even a robot bartender named Gearmo del Pouro.
It’s a one-of-a-kind experience for Angelenos, according to L.A. Councilmember Jose Huizar.
“Two Bit Circus will be a welcomed addition to an incredibly vibrant and dynamic community in the Arts District – one with a decades-long history of cutting-edge art and artists,” said Huizar.
The indoor 38,000 sq. ft. facility doesn’t require an admission fee but guests should plan on spending anywhere between $30- $75 for arcade games, virtual reality experiences, food and drinks.
“It’s a great place for families as well as older teenagers and young adults,” said Sherry Gonzalez, a guest services representative at Two-Bit Circus. “When there’s a special event, they’ll bring in a circus act that performs right here in the center of the arena!”
Among the many attractions at Two Bit Circus, guests should explore the following zones:
· The Midway: Nostalgic carnival games of chance and skill, re-imagined with modern technology, and hosted by carnival barkers who engage you in friendly competition.
· The Arcane Arcade: New-age, multiplayer digital games, together with old world pinball machines, and arcade cabinets of yesteryear… All with a dash of future-tech and circus zest.
· Story Rooms: A superset of escape rooms, in which groups work together on a common goal – like piloting a spaceship, navigating a haunted river, or exploring a mineshaft.
· The Arena: A zone showcasing the best in modern mixed reality. Multiplayer seated VR with haptic platforms, four-player standing VR, HTC Vive Pro zones, and the world-renowned Birdly flying VR attraction. Here you can find realities for both solo and group gameplay.
· Cabanas: The ultimate living room entertainment solution, where groups of friends (or strangers) are set up with an HTC Vive and a ton of games to choose from, together with food and beverage services.
· Club 01: A 100-seat, interactive social theater where guests are seated at touchscreen tables and participate in everything from game shows and trivia to wine tasting and comedy (reservations strongly suggested).
After 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays, the park becomes 18+ and everything from the soundtrack to the game content, generally changes. The fully networked park also has an API, which allows it to act as a launch-pad for game developers and makers of all kinds. A back-of-house workshop is accessible to select community members, giving the park the capability to bring new entertainment concepts from prototype to exhibition.