Buy Your Tickets Right Meow!
The biggest cat-centric, pop culture event in the world dedicated to all things feline is back for a fourth time, on Saturday, August 4 and Sunday, August 5, 2018 at Pasadena Convention Center.
CatCon is the ultimate platform for a community of cat lovers around the world. The convention welcomes more than 170 exhibitors, anticipates over 16,000 attendees and through its highly-anticipated talent roster, with names that include Lil BUB, Ian Somerhalder (“Vampire Diaries” and Netflix’s upcoming “V-Wars”), Georgia Hardstark (“My Favorite Murder”), Moshow the Cat Rapper, The New York Times best-selling author Gwen Cooper, Cats of Instagram, and up and comers Merlin Ragdoll, Waverly
Beneficiaries of this year’s event include the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, Lil BUB’s Big Fund, Kitten Rescue LA, and Milo’s Sanctuary.
Julie Newmar “Batman’s Catwoman”, a CatCon participant. Courtesy of CatCon.
Highlights for this year’s event include:
● A first-ever public conversation about cannabis and cats, Cannabis and Cats: What You Need to Know Meow, sponsored by MERRY JANE (launched by Snoop Dogg and entrepreneur Ted Chung): New paradigms of liberalization, innovation, and monetization are fueling a global revolution in cannabis. The potential for treatment of numerous cat ailments with this natural medicine is immense and veterinarians, pet owners, and health entrepreneurs are pushing this conversation forward. Join MERRY JANE Editor-In-Chief Noah Rubin as he explores this rapidly evolving world with an unparalleled panel of experts. Panelists include Dr. Tim Shu (Vet CBD), Jodi Ziskin (Treatibles), Dr. Gary Richter (vet and advocate), and Charles Lozow, Esq. (founder of right:ratio).
● A nouveau pop art themed Adoption Village, inspired by Cat Art Show LA.
● Meet and Greets with Ian Somerhalder, Lil BUB, Cats of Instagram, Merlin Ragdoll, Coby the Cat and many others throughout the weekend.
● Activations like a special DIY catnip toy bar provided by Cuteness.com, and a giant art bar from CatCon where you can create a myriad of feline catsterpieces.
● Workshops covering everything from making your own cat furniture with engineer Mac Delaney to the latest information on the best food for your cat right meow from experts, The Two Crazy Cat Ladies.
● 8 seminars throughout the weekend, including Men and Cats, a Love Story, moderated by Georgia Hardstark, From Rapping to Trapping with Sterling “Trap King” Davis, and the return of the Furrocious Fashion Face-Off, where attendees go head to head on the catwalk to win the title of ‘Most Furrocious’ in the realm of kitty cosplay (humans only!). Judges include Moshow the Cat Rapper and Julia Butters, (“American Housewife,” Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”).
$2 of every ticket goes to Ian Somerhalder Foundation as well as 50% of the meet and greets Mr. Somerhalder will participate in on Sunday, August 5th, and a portion of all proceeds from Meet and Greets go to Lil BUB’s Big Fund, Kitten Rescue LA, and Milo’s Sanctuary.
Full program here: https://www.catconworldwide.com/event-catcon/august-4-5-2018/.