Las Flores Park in La Verne Could Win a $75K grant
Vote Today at NiagaraPerkYourPark.com
Family-run beverage company Niagara Bottling, in partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), announced nine finalists for the 2023 “Perk Your Park” Project and L.A. County’s Las Flores Park located in La Verne made the list.
Members of the public are invited to vote for their top three parks to receive a grant. Each recipient will receive a $75,000 grant toward a park refresh. The submission period will continue through Sept. 18, 2023.
You can submit your entry for your chosen project once per day at NiagaraPerkYourPark.com
“The Perk Your Park improvement grants symbolize an invitation for all to come together and bring transformative change to their communities,” said Ayanna Williams, NRPA director of community and environmental resilience. “The parks that receive these grants will have lasting impact, so we encourage everyone in these areas and beyond to select their favorite park to be improved. Through their support, everyone can enjoy the outdoors and all the benefits local parks and recreation bring to communities.”
Following a nationwide call for park nominations, Niagara and NRPA selected the following finalists:
1. Lancaster City Park, Lancaster, Texas
2. Phoenix Trail Park, College Park, Ga.
3. Las Flores Park, La Verne, Calif.
4. Fowler Field Park, Douglasville, Ga.
5. Rebel Valley Park, Atlanta
6. Sara Babb Park, Dallas, Ga.
7. Max Starcke Park, Seguin, Texas
8. Woodland Park Nature Preserve, Houston
9. Beach City Community Building and Park, Beach City, Texas
The Niagara Bottling Perk Your Park Project empowers communities to enhance their local parks, creating vibrant outdoor spaces for families to enjoy. By partnering with local municipalities and organizations across the country, Niagara Bottling is committed to investing in sustainable initiatives benefiting the environment and promoting healthier lifestyles.
Since 2016, Niagara Bottling and NRPA have perked 17 parks, giving $2 million in grants to date. Through the Perk Your Park Project, they have made park dreams come true by focusing on improving access to community spaces, nature, and healthy living in under-resourced communities.
Past projects include more accessible trails through nature parks, and the installation of interactive exhibits such as bird blinds and outdoor classrooms. For nearly a decade, Niagara has been perking communal spaces, inviting families to play on upgraded equipment, socialize under new shaded picnic settings, and spend time closer to nature.
How to show your support for the 2023 finalists:
1. Beginning Aug. 7, 2023, you can submit your entry for your chosen project once per day at NiagaraPerkYourPark.com.
2. Complete all required fields on the form, including a valid email, and choose the listed Park you believe should receive a $75,000 charitable grant.
3. Complete the entry by agreeing to the Official Rules and submit. Polls close Sept. 18, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific time.